activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Could not create Transport. Reason: java.io.IOException: createTransport() method not implemented!
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 22:32:58 GMT
Doesn't that error "method not implemented" usually come from compiling with an IDE and setting
the flag to ignore failed compilation?

If that is right, make sure you are using the pre-built jars for activemq and not ones built
by an IDE.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 27, 2014, at 2:25 AM, "mcJony [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4678384h52@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> I will like to use Activemq as a websocket message broker.
> I used it before, but always with TCP socket (topics). Activemq (version: 5.6.0) is running
in same computer, but not as an embedded broker. Now I will like to use it with websocket.

> The client side is done (webrowser with html5 and websockets), it connects to the broker,
but I'm having problems in my Java application.  My java application must send messages to
broker and this to the clients, but when I try to create the connection in the java application
with the broker, the following exception is thrown: "Could not create Transport. Reason: java.io.IOException:
createTransport() method not implemented!"

> I don't know what is wrong. Here is my code:
>

> /*****
>
> public class WebSocketProducer implements ExceptionListener {
>
>         private static WebSocketProducer instance = null;
>         private Context    ctx        = null;
>         private TopicSession    session    = null;
>         private Properties properties = null;
>         private TopicConnection connection = null;
>
>         private  WebSocketProducer() throws ProducerException{
>                 init();
>         }
>
>         private void init() throws ProducerException {
>                 try {
>                         Properties defaults = new Properties();
>                         defaults.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
>                                         "org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory");

>                         defaults.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url",
>                                         "ws://localhost:61614");
>       //read the configuration file (wjms.properties)
>                         properties = Utilities.getProperties("wjms.properties", defaults);

>                         ctx = new InitialContext(properties);
>                         TopicConnectionFactory connectionFactory =
>                                 (TopicConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup("TopicConnectionFactory");

>                         connection = connectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
>                         connection.setExceptionListener(this);
>                         connection.start();
>                         session = connection.createTopicSession(
>                                         false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>

>                 } catch (Exception e) {
>                         ProducerException mpe = new ProducerException();
>                         mpe.initCause(e);
>                         throw mpe;
>                 }
>   }
>
>   public void publishMessage(String topic, Message message) throws MessageException {

>                 try {
>                         Topic myTopic = (Topic)ctx.lookup(topic);
>                         TopicPublisher publisher = session.createPublisher(myTopic);

>                         // Messages will expire in 24h
>                         publisher.setTimeToLive(86400000L);
>                         publisher.publish(message);
>                         publisher.close();
>                 } catch (Exception e) {
>                         String messageId = "";
>                         try {
>                                 messageId = (message != null) ? message.getJMSMessageID()
: "";