activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Newton <r...@mirrabooka.com>
Subject unusual broker feature?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 23:45:34 GMT
Hi,

I've been using ActiveMQ for a while for pub/sub and it's working
very well, but it would make life easier if there was an additional
feature available.

I would like the broker to remember the most recent message that is
published to a topic.  And when a client subscribes to the topic the
message would be immediately published to the client by the broker
itself.  (The messages would contain the latest state of something).

This appears to be an unusual feature, because I've searched around
and cannot find any mention of a broker doing this.  Has anyone
encountered this type of feature before?

Could there be an existing plugin for ActiveMQ that does this sort
of thing?  Or would the plugin framework lend itself to implementing
such a feature (by intercepting a subscription, and writing a
message to the subscriber)?

Many thanks,
Rob