activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from activeMq 5.7 to 5.9
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 00:36:08 GMT
On 02/04/2014 07:02 PM, Pankaj Arora wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to upgrade my broker from 5.7 to 5.9 and my existing consumers
> using
> activemq-all-5.7.0.jar(http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.activemq/activemq-all)
> started failing with following error:
> 2014-02-04 15:22:31,063 WARN
> org.springframework.jms.connection.CachingConnectionFactory:301 -
> Encountered a JMSException - resetting the underlying JMS Connection
> javax.jms.JMSException: Channel was inactive for too (>30000) long:
> http://localhost/
> at
> org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onAsyncException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1949)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1966)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:101)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onException(ResponseCorrelator.java:126)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:101)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor.onException(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:295)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.AbstractInactivityMonitor$4.run(AbstractInactivityMonitor.java:209)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was
> inactive for too (>30000) long: http://localhost/
> ... 4 more
> 2014-02-04 15:22:31,064 INFO
> org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer:893 -
> Successfully refreshed JMS Connection
> javax.jms.JMSException: Channel was inactive for too (>30000) long:
> http://localhost/
> at
> org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onAsyncException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1949)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1966)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:101)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onException(ResponseCorrelator.java:126)
> at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:101)
> at
> [...]
It appears you are using the HTTP transport correct?

If so then you must update the client's as well as the XML marshalling
from the newer version to the older version will cause errors like this
because the XStream processor can't apply the newer fields in the
messages.   If you use the standard TCP based transports this wouldn't
be an issue but mixing versions over HTTP is not a good idea.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.