activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Cwiklik <>
Subject Wire format negotiation timeout - auto retry
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:49:33 GMT
Under a  heavy network load we occasionally are getting the dreaded "Wire
format negotiation timeout..." exception when opening broker's connection in
the client. We attempted to solve the problem with
wireFormat.maxInactivityDurationInitalDelay=60000 url param, but even with
that extended timeout the exception still happens. Our best guess is that
the wire format frame gets lost somehow. We have no concrete evidence of
that other than the timeout. 60 secs seems like a pretty long time though.

Is there any chance to add a new wireFormat configuration parameter that
would control a number of retries on "Wire format negotiation timeout" with
default = 1? I know its a long shot, but I want to float the idea for

We can build the retry in the application, but I think the framework support
would be a better fix.

Jerry C