activemq-users mailing list archives

From jlindwall <>
Subject Re: Where's the records in my jdbc persistence store?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 00:31:52 GMT
Interesting.  I must have a flawed understanding of durable subscribers.  I
thought it signified a consumer that can disconnect/reconnect and any
messages that arrived in the time while the subscriber was disconnected will
still be delivered.  Cool, but not what we thought we needed.

Intuitively to me the above "durable subscriber" concept does not preclude
having persistent messages in effect for non-durable subscribers: the
thought being if the broker crashes we still want the (in "memory")
as-yet-undelivered messages to be delivered after failover occurs.  we
really have no need for disconnecting/reconnecting subscribers while our app
is running - the subscribers connect and stay connected.

I'm sure I did not explain that very clearly :)  I will try using a durable
subscriber and see if my messages magically apperar in the db.

THANKS! I appreciate your response.