activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <>
Subject Re: How to configure external file server in ACtiveMQ
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 15:16:23 GMT
There is a mix of levels of technology here.

The Operating System (O/S) provides the filesystem.  ActiveMQ runs in a JVM
that runs "on top of" the O/S.  Neither ActiveMQ nor the JVM are involved in
choosing a filesystem - that's purely at the O/S level.

It is possible to use Samba and have ActiveMQ put its files on the Samba
filesystem, although I would be very careful to test that setup thoroughly.
Samba is a great filesystem for sharing files between Windows and Linux
systems, but I'm not sure how solid it is for holding cricital data of a
high performance application (assuming that's how ActiveMQ is intended to be
used in this setup).

ActiveMQ must use one of its supported stores such as KahaDB, LevelDB, or