activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.0 connection.start() hangs in Tomcat 7.0.41
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:47:24 GMT
Sounds like a race condition on startup. Can you open a jira entry, post the code that reproduces
the problem (even if not reliably), and attach a stack trace of the jvm (jsrack) when it hangs?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 26, 2014, at 9:59 AM, "dorus [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4678365h63@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I intend to create an activemq connection programatically inside a webapp deployed in
tomcat.

> My code:
>
>  BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
>
>         // configure the broker
>         try
>             {
>             broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
>             broker.start();
>             broker.waitUntilStarted();
>             CONNECTION_FACTORY = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(broker.getVmConnectorURI());
>             sendConnection = CONNECTION_FACTORY.createConnection();
>             sendConnection.start();
>
>             }
>         catch (Exception e)
>             {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>             }
>
> In line sendConnection.start() the thread hangs and I have no response. With the debugger
I can see that in ArrayBlockingQueue<E>.take() is the real problem.

> I have a unit test using the same code, and when I run it is working. However, even for
the unit test, when I debug inside "sendConnection.start()" sometime is hanging.