activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Leonardo K. Shikida" <shik...@gmail.com>
Subject how to configure activemq jdbc persistence under tomee?
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 12:52:10 GMT
Hi

I had this configuration for tomee

    <Resource id="Default JMS Resource Adapter"
type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
        BrokerXmlConfig = broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)?persistent=true
        ServerUrl = tcp://localhost:61616
        DataSource = MyDataSource
    </Resource>

    <Resource id="MyDataSource" type="javax.sql.DataSource">
        JdbcDriver = oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
        JdbcUrl = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE
        UserName = xxxx
        Password = xxxx
    </Resource>

    <Container id="MyJmsMdbContainer" ctype="MESSAGE">
        ResourceAdapter = Default JMS Resource Adapter
    </Container>

This configures tomee's embedded activemq

Now, I want to give activemq more memory, so I've changed into this

    <Resource id="Default JMS Resource Adapter"
type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
        BrokerXmlConfig = xbean:file:conf/activemq.xml
        ServerUrl = tcp://localhost:61616
        DataSource = MyDataSource
    </Resource>

and added the same activemq.xml of
http://activemq.apache.org/xml-configuration.html, just adding

            <transportConnectors>
                <transportConnector name="anythingHere"
uri="broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)?persistent=true"/>
            </transportConnectors>

and I'd like to replace kahaDB with my oracle datasource.

it seems that I have to remove "DataSource = MyDataSource" from tomee.xml
and define the persistence inside activemq.xml, right?

My doubts are

[1] does the name in the transport connector is relevant?
[2] shall I need to replace kahaDB with

<persistenceAdapter>
      <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#my-ds"/>
</persistenceAdapter>

[3] where do I have to set my-ds? at tomee.xml or somewhere else?
[4] am I missing anything else?

TIA