activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages moving to DLQ when consumer not active
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 01:13:26 GMT
Awesome. Knowing the final outcome  helps in case this ever pops up again.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 24, 2014, at 7:51 AM, "johnd [via ActiveMQ]" <ml-node+s2283324n4676768h56@n4.nabble.com>
wrote:

> artnaseef wrote
> Cool - you're welcome.
>
> Note that plugin may be valuable if your broker clocks ever get far out-of-sync, so you
might want to look more closely at why the plugin was whacking the timeouts.  Note that I'm
saying this with only a brief look at that code, so I can't say for sure right now that it
can work the way you need.
> Both brokers on the same machine (at the moment!) so not an issue. I'll bare this in
mind though for the future....

> I think I know why it whacks the timeouts though - it was configured like this:
>     <timeStampingBrokerPlugin zeroExpirationOverride="1000" ttlCeiling="60000" futureOnly="true"/>
> !!
>
> I should have picked this up sooner really but had a blind spot as I thought I had only
added some plugins for logging/traceability purposes.