activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ InactivityMonitor for STOMP
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:24:21 GMT
On 01/15/2014 06:25 AM, khandelwalanuj wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am understanding the usages of ActiveMQ InactivityMonitor. I have some
> questions regarding this.
> I have gone through
> http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-inactivitymonitor.html
>

> 1. Does Inactivity monitor is also works for STOMP (python/perl) clients ?
> If yes than what is the difference between TCP and STOMP Inactivity monitor
> ?
>
> 2. What is heartbeat for STOMP ( according to stomp specifications). Is it
> related to Inactivity Monitor, what is the difference between both ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anuj
>

> --

The inactivity monitor is used to provide the heart beating
functionality of the given protocol.  This is different than the TCP
level keep alive and can be configured at the URI level.  Both STOMP and
the native OpenWire protocols specify a heart beat at the wire level and
the Inactivity monitor is responsible for firing and tracking incoming
heart beats and closing down the connection is the configured inactivity
period is exceeded meaning the connection is most likely dead since no
heart beats or other data has been seen.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.