activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tmie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: dedicatedTaskRunner threads reductions
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 11:15:48 GMT
Apologies I was wrong in my previous email.
With dedicatedTaskRunner=false you are not going to use one thread per JMS destination but
use a pool of threads for dispatching messages. The brokers thread count should get reduced
in general but you may only notice a bigger difference if you have a higher number of destinations.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
tmielke.blogspot.com

On 20 Jan 2014, at 12:13 pm, Torsten Mielke <tmielke@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When you disable dedicatedTaskRunner the broker uses an internal thread pool just as
you mentioned already.
> A thread from the pool will only be used when there is activity on the connection and
will be returned to the pool when the connection is idle.
> So it will not use one thread per connection (only one thread per active connection)
and generally the thread count should get reduced.