activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tony_CA <tonyma...@yahoo.ca>
Subject multiple brokers and Failover for ActiveMQ questions
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 23:24:19 GMT
Hi there,

I have a couple of questions regarding ActiveMQ.

1. On my environment, I set up 3 ActiveMQ in 3 servers and share one
Database. Is it possible to run the 3 ActiveMQ in the 3 servers to share the
same database? I tried to set it up. However, it looks like 3 brokers cannot
share the same database. Is it correct?
2. Also, I did some Failover testing, it looks like the ActiveMQ cannot
guarantee the message order. e.g. I set up the 3 ActiveMQ into
ServerA,ServerB and ServerC. And then, I published MessageA,MessageB into
ServerA and published MessageC into ServerB. The ServerA ServerB and ServerC
had been set up as Failover servers. When I shut down ServerA, the only
MessageC can be consumed. However, the consumed message order should be
MessageA,MessageB and MessageC. I need to keep this message order even
through the ServerA is down. Is it possible to configure ActiveMQ to
guarantee the message order for Failover?

Thank you!