activemq-users mailing list archives

From khandelwalanuj <khandelwal.anu...@gmail.com>
Subject Used Heap size is more than max heap
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 06:45:52 GMT
Hi,

I have seen one weird situation, where my broker was under load and it was
hung, So when I checked the heap configurations using "jmap -heap PID"

*"Used heap is found to be more than max heap size" How is it possible ?*

I am calculating *used_heap = used (Eden space) + used (PS old generation)
                      max heap = what I have specified using xmx*

Is it possible that summation of eden space and PS old gen can exceed
MaxHeapSize.

Thanks,
Anuj