activemq-users mailing list archives

From uromahn <ulr...@ulrichromahn.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ broker 5.9 doesn't close TCP connection if qpid client close amqp connection
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 00:25:29 GMT
I have seen the exact same behavior.

I have actually initiated the patch for the latest amqp-1-0-client-jms
library. It fixed one issue on the client but the connection still stays
open on ActiveMQ.

According to Rob Godfrey (from the Qpid project) there is a potential issue
in proton-c and also proton-j - the jms client is closing the connection
without detaching from the session and hence the server seems to keep the
connection open for a potential re-connect and resume of the session.

I have not yet tested it with 5.10-SNAPSHOT which is supposed to use a
proton-j-0.6-SNAPSHOT to see if it is fixed there. I can do that during the
next few days and can update this post with my findings.

-Uli