activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transactions in Stomp
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:00:23 GMT
there is no "automatic" redelivery on the client side the way activemq
libraries do for openwire. that's because a STOMP client can be
written by anyone and the Spec doesn't address redelivery on the
client side. But, you are of course able to build in a redelivery
functionality yourself.

if you don't commit an interaction that had an "ACK" for a message, or
if your rollback, then the broker will not see the ack and will keep
the message around. on the client side you won't see this being
"redelivered" in order because ActiveMQ also uses a prefetch (as Tim
mentioned). You can set prefetch to 1 to ensure things are delivered
in order and AFAIK the message would be redispatched to your client