activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why does connection id use broker host in case of STOMP clients?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 15:18:46 GMT
Hi Sophia,

It's not clear to me how you intend to use the load balancer. Are you
expecting it to route traffic to the appropriate broker based on
client_id by inspecting messages or something else? Are multiple
brokers expected to be active simultaneously or master/slave?

Do you have to use a load-balancer? Are you aware that you can do
client-side load-balancing, even with STOMP? I've heard anecdotally of
some users employing a load-balancer to good effect. However, I have
no personal experience of configuring a load-balancer for use with
ActiveMQ.

Regarding durable subscriptions; in STOMP it is the combination of the
client_id AND the durableSubscriptionName attributes that uniquely
identify an individual subscription. It's possible for a consumer to
create multiple durable subscriptions. The consumer can be subscribed
to one, some or all of them concurrently.

AFAIK the connection id is mapped to the 'session' attribute on the
CONNECTED response frame. However, as far as the STOMP client is
concerned it is opaque and contains no information that should be
parsed.

Not sure if that helps.

Thanks,
Paul