activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose María Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic questions about producer control flow
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 15:47:18 GMT
Thanks for your reply

I'm trying to understand the advantages of enabling producer control
flow in broker's activemq.xml configuration file, when I use
non-persistent delivery

Sorry, but I don't see any advantage, because I only can get a
blocking in my producer.
On the other hand, if I disable it , control flow is still managed by
broker and messages for slow consumers are off-lined to disk storage

Futhermore, I've read that non-persistent messages are persisted to
disk ( feature from AMQ 5.x ) , so it's more difficult that memory
runs out

Which are advantages to enable producer control flow with
non-persistent delivery ?

If non-persisted message are persisted to disk ( by default ) , what
is the advantage of non-persistent mode ?

Thanks and regards