activemq-users mailing list archives

From <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: KahaDB journals growing - no visible entries
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:39:10 GMT
Is there a DLQ for each application queue?  Are those holding any messages?

Regards,

Barry Barnett
WMQ Enterprise Services & Solutions
Wells Fargo
Cell: 704-564-5501

-----Original Message-----
From: volker.seibt [mailto:volker.seibt@buenting.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:03 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: KahaDB journals growing - no visible entries

We use ActiveMQ 5.7 as embedded jms provider with camel 2.11.0.

It's a small application which uses about seven or eight queues with about max. 1,000 small
messages (tickets from a deposit machine) per queue / day.

We use persistent queues via KahaDB and did not change any KahaDB parameters.

With this the number of KahaDB journals (db-xxx.log) is growing every day.
>From 2013/07 until now we got 439 files with the default size of 32mb, which cumulates
to about 12 gb.

I copied this database to a standale ActiveMQ instance to analyze it:

On startup an automatic recovery is startet which "recovers" 5,400,000 (!) entries. All queues
used by our application are shown with zero entries except the ActiveMQ.DLQ (dead letter queue)
with 77 entries.

There are also about four or three topics shown with maximum 7 entries.

While running this database on an ActiveMQ instance for 10 minutes it grows by three new files
(about 95 mb).

First questions: where do the 5.4 million of entries hide? How can I get rid of them without
without a complete deletion of the database? How can such a state occure, and more important,
how can we avoid this?