activemq-users mailing list archives

From skvsree <skv.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Get Count of messages in the queue using NMS
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:58:30 GMT
Hi,
   I am trying to get the number of messages left in the queue, but I find
it very tricky.  Below is the code I am using, but the still the count is
wrong.
                long qdepth = 0;
                var browser = _session.CreateBrowser(_queue);
                var messagesInQ = browser.GetEnumerator();
                var list = new List<string>();
                while (messagesInQ.MoveNext())
                {
                    var message = messagesInQ.Current as IMessage;
                    if (message == null ||
list.Contains(message.NMSMessageId))
                    {
                        break;
                    }
                    list.Add(message.NMSMessageId);
                    qdepth++;
                }

I am finding duplicate MessageIds as well in this case.