activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ross Dukeshier <rdukesh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Anyone know the End of life, End of support dates for v5.6.0?
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:26:18 GMT
I figured ASF wasn't providing support per-se - but I think
end-of-support/end-of-life dates talk more to the development approach and
what the developer supports rather than actually getting support for a
particular user.  More specifically, hypothetically, let's say a critical
security vulnerability was found in ActiveMQ v5.6.0 while v6.2 was the
current stable release.  Would ASF provide a patch for v5.6.0 or do nothing
(consider it no longer supported) with that version and just fix it in v6.2.
Does development follow a single track - always from the latest release or
do updates/patches occur along multiple version tracks...

Using Microsoft as an example, Windows 7 might be the latest release but
they might still provide patches for Windows XP (maintain support for it) up
until a particular date.  At some point, they say we're not going to support
it after this date telling the XP users they can no longer expect patches
for critical issues so they might want to update to a newer version by that
date.