activemq-users mailing list archives

From badrinana <>
Subject Question on stuck messages in queue
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 21:21:59 GMT

I am using Active MQ 5.7.

1) If some messages are stuck in a particular queue, does it cause any
impact on the Ack of other messages which went through that same queue?

2) Does ActiveMQ replay all the messages which was put on to that queue
since the stuck messages entered the queue? If the queue has messages 1-10.
Msg 11 is stuck. Some more messages Msg 12-20 enter the queue. After a
restart of brokers, will Msg 1-20 get replayed again?

3) Active MQ Console shows Messages Pending as 2. Multiple restarts did not
clear those 2 messages. Checked ACTIVEMQ_MSGS table. I see the 2 messages.

4) I'm using oracle for message persistence along with Active MQ. Is there
any other caching mechanism Active MQ uses in addition to the Oracle
persistence. Does Active MQ cache the messages to any other venue & all
these messages gets replayed from that venue & not getting removed from the