activemq-users mailing list archives

From Garb...@gmx.de
Subject Aw: Problems activating XMPP in ActiveMQ 5.9
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2013 12:25:52 GMT
Kind of giving a reply to my own question but I wouldn't call it a complete answer: while toying
around with xmpp and commandAgent I got the impression that xmpp is deprecated. See http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/Apache-ActiveMQ-Changelog-161482.html,
[AMQ-4278] - deprecate xmpp transport

:-(

> Gesendet: Samstag, 23. November 2013 um 21:01 Uhr
> Von: Garbage@gmx.de
> An: users@activemq.apache.org
> Betreff: Problems activating XMPP in ActiveMQ 5.9
>
> I activated the transport for xmpp like it was described in activemq.apache.org/xmpp.html:
> <transportConnector name="xmpp" uri="xmpp://0.0.0.0:61222"/>
> (my only change was that I changed localhost to 0.0.0.0 like all the other transports
were set up.

> When starting up ActiveMQ I receive:
> ERROR | Failed to start Apache ActiveMQ ([localhost, ID:Tower-49200-1385212647160-0:1],
java.io.IOException: Transport Connector could not be registered in JMX: Transport scheme
NOT recognized: [xmpp])

> This message states quite clearly what happened. I tried to find a active-mq-5.9.jar
but failed to do so. I downloaded the 5.8 jar and put it into lib. Now ActiveMQ starts up
fine and I can see XMPP in the admin console.

> Did I setup something wrong or looked at the wrong place for the jar or is this a problem
with 5.9 lacking support for xmpp ?