activemq-users mailing list archives

From Garb...@gmx.de
Subject Problems activating XMPP in ActiveMQ 5.9
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 20:01:17 GMT
I activated the transport for xmpp like it was described in activemq.apache.org/xmpp.html:
<transportConnector name="xmpp" uri="xmpp://0.0.0.0:61222"/>
(my only change was that I changed localhost to 0.0.0.0 like all the other transports were
set up.

When starting up ActiveMQ I receive:
ERROR | Failed to start Apache ActiveMQ ([localhost, ID:Tower-49200-1385212647160-0:1], java.io.IOException:
Transport Connector could not be registered in JMX: Transport scheme NOT recognized: [xmpp])

This message states quite clearly what happened. I tried to find a active-mq-5.9.jar but failed
to do so. I downloaded the 5.8 jar and put it into lib. Now ActiveMQ starts up fine and I
can see XMPP in the admin console.

Did I setup something wrong or looked at the wrong place for the jar or is this a problem
with 5.9 lacking support for xmpp ?