activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tmie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Expire Message by broker
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 08:38:13 GMT
Hello John,

You should either set a timeToLive on your message
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-set-the-message-expiration.html

or live with the fact that messages don't expire in the broker.
There should not be a need for another broker plugin.
If a message with a timeToLive expires, the broker will remove it.

You could also consider using  constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy as explained in
http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html

Hope this helps.

Torsten Mielke
tmielke@redhat.com