activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ.DLQ
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:59:38 GMT
Barry,

ActiveMQ by default auto-creates destinations as it needs/requires
them. You don't have to define the DLQ explicitly. If a message goes
to the ActiveMQ.DLQ, or if a consumer listens to the ActiveMQ.DLQ
queue, then the broker will create it.

You can set up queues ahead of time if you'd like, but it's not necessary.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM,  <barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> It is my understanding that expired messages are stored on the ActiveMQ.DLQ queue.  When
I start the ActiveMQ broker, I do not see the DLQ defined.  If this is where the expired messages
go to, wouldn't it be a default queue for the default configuration?  If not, then do I need
to define it using that exact name?  What other attributes would I define the queue with?

--
Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog