activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ.DLQ
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 14:56:54 GMT
Nope :)

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html

But it's completely configurable.. ie, you can specify whether
destinations should be auto-created.. or you can use security to
lockdown people from creating destinations on demand... lots of ways
to do it, but by default the destinations are auto-created as
described in the wiki above.

If you want to have destinations created when the broker starts up,
you could do something like this in the activemq.xml file:

 <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core">

    <destinations>

      <queue physicalName="FOO.BAR" />

      <topic physicalName="SOME.TOPIC" />

    </destinations>

  </broker>

but it's not necessary....

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:58 AM,  <barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> Thank you.  But doesn't it have to be in some configuration file somewhere so that the
broker knows how to create it when it's needed?  I don't see it in the activemq.xml file.

> Regards,
>
> Barry Barnett
> WMQ Enterprise Services & Solutions
> Wells Fargo

to define the DLQ explicitly. If a message goes to the ActiveMQ.DLQ, or if a consumer listens
to the ActiveMQ.DLQ queue, then the broker will create it.

> You can set up queues ahead of time if you'd like, but it's not necessary.
>

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM,  <barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
>> It is my understanding that expired messages are stored on the ActiveMQ.DLQ queue.
 When I start the ActiveMQ broker, I do not see the DLQ defined.  If this is where the expired
messages go to, wouldn't it be a default queue for the default configuration?  If not, then
do I need to define it using that exact name?  What other attributes would I define the queue
with?