activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Producer Flow Block - Consumer Deadlock after max memory limits exceeded
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:13:15 GMT
Inline...

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM,  <barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> Version: Active MQ v5.8
> Embedded Broker, Producer, Consumer all within same JVM
>
> If max memory limits are set to 320MB, which equates to 10 journal files (32MB per file),
the files cannot be cleared even if there is 1 message on the DLQ.

So you might need to post your config (or show the code for your
config if embedded). "Memory Limits" set to 320MB isn't the same thing
as "Store Limits" set to 320MB with 32MB journal files. Individual
files will be cleared out if there are no useful artifacts in them
(messages, durable subscription info, producer audit data structures,
etc...). The default cleanup period is 30s:

eg:

<kahaDB cleanupInterval="30000" ..>

>This 1 message blocks the freeing up of the journal file where it resides.  In order to
resolve this, the JVM is >recycled.  I'm sure there is a better way of resolving this issue.
 Any advice?

Are producer/consumer using same connection? What ack mode is your
consumer using?

Since this is embedded (broker,producer,consumer) it should be easy
enough to extract out the salient points and put together a unit test.
If you provide something concrete like that, I can take a look and
tell you exactly what's happening.

--
Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog