activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX question
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:06:15 GMT
I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4852 to track
this. I think it can be improved.

On 5 November 2013 21:29, Geurt Schimmel <GSchimmel@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Appears the ClientId view contains only incoming connections that have 'duplex=false'
- no ClientId view when there are only connections with 'duplex=true'. Would be great if this
could be added to the docs.

> Thanks,
> Geurt
>
>> On 5 nov. 2013, at 21:52, "Gary Tully" <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> that is odd.
>> the remoteAddress view is created when the tcp connection is initiated
>> and the clientId view a little later, when the clientid is known via a
>> connectionInfo command.
>> so it may be that the connections are not fully established on one box.
>>
>>> On 2 November 2013 14:20, Geurt Schimmel <GSchimmel@schubergphilis.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We're running ActiveMQ 5.8.0 on Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.9.
>>>
>>> With jConsole, I'm viewing 'org.apache.activemq'->'Broker'->'localhost'->'clientConnectors'->'openwire'
- appears there is only a view 'remoteAddress', but no view 'clientId'. Tried java version
1.6.0_37, same behaviour: no view 'clientId'.

>>> But doing the same on CentOS 6.3, java version 1.6.0_37, there are 2 views: remoteAddress
and clientId.

>>> Same ActiveMQ version, same java-version, but different behaviour - weird.
>>>
>>> It looks to be a silly problem, but the reason for using the clientId view is
that this view shows you the networkconnector name of the incoming connections, which is pretty
relevant for us, having at least 20 incoming broker-clients.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com