activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE vs CLIENT_ACK
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 14:41:55 GMT
lazy means doing it async and possibly in a batch (so waiting for the
next ack or some % of the prefetch) . Having received the message at
the application level does not ensure that the broker knows about the
receipt.
In the event of a connection failure, the app can think it won't see
the message again, but the broker may not have seen the ack, so the
app can get a duplicate.
In normal operation, the acks will be eventually dispatched on or
before a consumer.close