activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling client crash induced by a message
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:45:21 GMT
this is expected behaviour because the redelivery is handled by the
message consumer, so it is entirely client side. The broker just sees
a consumer connect and close.
The broker does keep a redelivery count in memory (by default) so the
message consumer can respect that when it comes to client side
redeliveries. The broker increments that count when a consumer closes
for each message message has been consumed and not acked.

By default the message redelivery count is in memory only, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3519 for details on making
is persistent.