activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding OpenWire/STOMP/AMQP
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 16:15:25 GMT
On 11/28/2013 06:33 AM, Robert Davies wrote:
> There’s no reason that there aren’t other clients for OpenWire other than we hadn’t
got round to it (there’s been little demand for it as we’ve has STOMP - so its not as
if there hasn’t been at least some connectivity). As ActiveMQ now supports AMQP 1.0 - it
would make sense to utilise clients that support that - I believe the QPid project  have plans
to extend the AMQP 1.0 beyond Java and C/C++ to Python and Perl etc.

There are perl and python SWIG wrappers around the current Qpid c++
client, so you can use those to speak AMQP 1.0 to ActiveMQ if desired.