activemq-users mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Meijden <acmmail...@tweakers.net>
Subject Re: traffic on the activemq with 300 Producer
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:34:34 GMT
Hi Muthana,

While connect, send, disconnect is not super efficient, I wouldn't look
into replacing that right now... You should first identify the problem,
rather than jumping to solutions that may not work at all.

The overhead of repeated connect/disconnect should not be ignored. But
they don't add multi-second delays, at least not until some
resource-starvation (like file-pointers on Linux).

Even 0.1 second would be long for this kind of set-up. Unless you send
very large messages.

Could you also try and see how fast, for instance, your set-up is with
just 1 producer. Or only 10-30?

Apart from the suggesting to look at the log, also check the cpu-usage
of your ActiveMQ (i.e. via 'top') and other characteristics of the
system (like disk and memory usage, for instance via 'vmstat' or 'iostat').

Best regards,

Arjen