activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Does AMQP supports ActiveMQ failover options in URL ??
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:47:39 GMT
On 11/18/2013 06:30 PM, xbhanu wrote:
> Am I correct to assume that Apache Qpid is 100% AMQP compliant but ActiveMQ
> is still in the process of adapting AMQP?

I wouldn't put it in those terms.

Qpid is really an umbrella project for several different components (as
is ActiveMQ) many/most of which  now support AMQP 1.0 to some extent,
but the details of support do vary by component. In some areas the
support in ActiveMQ is ahead of some components in Qpid (e.g. the c++
broker in Qpid does not support 1.0 transactions, whereas the ActiveMQ
broker does)

There are also features that are orthogonal to AMQP. Different SASL
mechanisms are an example of that.