activemq-users mailing list archives

From <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: Producer Flow Block - Consumer Deadlock after max memory limits exceeded
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 16:05:39 GMT
So once the message is removed from the DLQ, then the journal would clear in 30 seconds?  Is
that post v5.8?

Regards,

Barry Barnett
WMQ Enterprise Services & Solutions
Wells Fargo
Cell: 704-564-5501

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Posta [mailto:christian.posta@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 10:23 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Producer Flow Block - Consumer Deadlock after max memory limits exceeded

Right. It means that particular file that holds the message cannot be deleted/archived.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:48 AM,  <barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> If there is a 'useful' artificat in the journal which is 'tied' to a message on the DLQ,
that means the journal can't be cleared, right?  The only way to clear the journal is to delete
the message from the DLQ first, correct?

> Regards,
>
> Barry Barnett
> WMQ Enterprise Services & Solutions
> Wells Fargo

file), the files cannot be cleared even if there is 1 message on the DLQ.

> So you might need to post your config (or show the code for your config if embedded).
"Memory Limits" set to 320MB isn't the same thing as "Store Limits" set to 320MB with 32MB
journal files. Individual files will be cleared out if there are no useful artifacts in them
(messages, durable subscription info, producer audit data structures, etc...). The default
cleanup period is 30s:

> eg:
>
> <kahaDB cleanupInterval="30000" ..>
>

>>This 1 message blocks the freeing up of the journal file where it resides.  In order
to resolve this, the JVM is >recycled.  I'm sure there is a better way of resolving this
issue.  Any advice?

> Are producer/consumer using same connection? What ack mode is your consumer using?
>
> Since this is embedded (broker,producer,consumer) it should be easy enough to extract
out the salient points and put together a unit test.