activemq-users mailing list archives

From <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: Expired messages sent to Topic Advisory DLQ as opposed to Activemq.DLQ
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 16:08:48 GMT
How long before they fall of the earth? :-)  I see the messages still there from yesterday.

Regards,

Barry Barnett
WMQ Enterprise Services & Solutions
Wells Fargo
Cell: 704-564-5501

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Posta [mailto:christian.posta@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 11:05 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Expired messages sent to Topic Advisory DLQ as opposed to Activemq.DLQ

anything that flows to a topic (including advisory topics) that doesn't have any consumers
will "fall off the face of the earth".. so there won't be too much resource usage to be concerned
about. if you're not using the advisory messages, or not doing any network of brokers, you
can disable advisory messages altogether (see close to bottom of this page: http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html)

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:32 AM,  <barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> I just tried a persistent message and it ended up on the ActiveMQ.DLQ.  I see the enqueue
count go up on the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Queue Topic, the ActiveMQ.Advisory.Expired.Queue and
the ActiveMQ.Advisory.MessageDLQd.Queue as well.  For these Advisory queues and topics, do
they need to be cleared to avoid broker resource consumption?  Are they set to the default
memory limit of 64MB?  Or can these messages be ignored?

> Regards,
>
> Barry Barnett
> WMQ Enterprise Services & Solutions
> Wells Fargo

is to be moved to the DLQ, it contains the same thing.

> Both of these advisory messages *are not* your original expired message.
>
> My guess is that you are sending non-persistent messages. I think that by default, non-persistent
expired messages are discarded rather than moved to the DLQ. Can you try sending a persistent
message.