activemq-users mailing list archives

From Brian Reinhold <brianreinh...@lampreynetworks.com>
Subject Apollo MQTT server ignoring keepalive timeout
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 01:00:09 GMT
I have set the WILL message to send a LOST payload on a status topic which I
have defined (QoS = 2). The keep alive time is set to 20 seconds. According
to the MQTT spec

The Will message defines that a message is published on behalf of the client
by the
server when either an I/O error is encountered by the server during
communication
with the client, or the client fails to communicate within the Keep Alive
timer schedule

so I would expect that after 20 seconds I would get the LOST message
published on the status topic on the server side (the apollo MQTT broker is
embedded in a server). But nothing happens.

If I publish the message in code it is properly received on the correct
topic. Is the problem that the client application is on the same machine as
the server and the broker (client and server are using TLS with client
authentication as is the client and the broker)? All other aspects of
connect and setup of the broker appear to be working correctly (I can
publish and receive messages 'remotely' if I have subscribed).