activemq-users mailing list archives

From jstordeur <jeremie.stord...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling client crash induced by a message
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:31:32 GMT
Hi,

I am using AMQ v5.8, I have a client listening to a queue and using
transacted session and persistent messages.
When I close my client before committing, the session is destroyed and the
message redelivered as expected, and after 6 redeliveries (the default
value) the message is moved to the DLQ.

Now when I kill the client using kill -11, I do not observe the same
behavior.
Does that mean that if a message is harmful enough to crash the client
application (segfault for example), the message will be redelivered again
and again and never moved to the DLQ?

Also I noticed that if I crash the client with a segfault 6 times, and then
the 7th I just close it normally, then the message is moved to the DLQ which
seems to indicate that somehow the broker knows that the message has already
been delivered several times.

Thank you for your time.
J.Stordeur