activemq-users mailing list archives

From tpc_1095 <...@simplenetsoftware.com>
Subject Need some advice on how to build in Eclipse using Maven
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:57:46 GMT
I got stuck trying to build ActiveMQ in Eclipse and could use some guidance.
I'm getting missing imports in nine projects and 93 Maven errors. I must
have done something really wrong!

I downloaded the source .zip, followed the mvn instructions, and verified
that I can unzip the target file and start the server (although clicking the
Log In button in hawtio is DOA, but I'll deal with that later.)

I installed m2eclipse (Juno and greater) into Kepler, restarted, and
imported all the projects found in the "parent" directory. I selected them
all, and did "Configure" to Maven projects. I got many, many error messages
in a popup dialog that said "An internal error occurred during: "Enabling
Maven Dependency Management." Unsupported IClassPathEntry kind=4

Along with 146 Java compile errors (For example, some classes in
activema-client cannot import org.apache.activemq.leveldb.CountDownFuture.)
and I also have 8 Maven Problems

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
net.alchim31.maven:scala-maven-plugin:3.1.0:testCompile (execution:
test-compile, phase: test-compile)	pom.xml	/activemq-leveldb-store	line 341
Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem
maven-dependency-plugin (goals "copy-dependencies", "unpack") is not
supported by m2e.	pom.xml	/activemq-runtime-config	line 107	Maven Project
Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.servicemix.tooling:depends-maven-plugin:1.2:generate-depends-file
(execution: generate-depends-file, phase: generate-resources)	pom.xml
/activemq-karaf-itest	line 182	Maven Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
net.alchim31.maven:scala-maven-plugin:3.1.0:compile (execution: default,
phase: process-resources)	pom.xml	/activemq-leveldb-store	line 348	Maven
Project Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
net.alchim31.maven:scala-maven-plugin:3.1.0:compile (execution: compile,
phase: compile)	pom.xml	/activemq-leveldb-store	line 334	Maven Project Build
Lifecycle Mapping Problem
maven-dependency-plugin (goals "copy-dependencies", "unpack") is not
supported by m2e.	pom.xml	/activemq-osgi	line 210	Maven Project Build
Lifecycle Mapping Problem
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.fusesource.hawtbuf:hawtbuf-protoc:1.9:compile (execution: default,
phase: process-sources)	pom.xml	/activemq-console	line 185	Maven Project
Build Lifecycle Mapping Problem
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.codehaus.mojo:javacc-maven-plugin:2.6:javacc (execution: default, phase:
generate-sources)	pom.xml	/activemq-client	line 228	Maven Project Build
Lifecycle Mapping Problem