activemq-users mailing list archives

From Sophia Wright <>
Subject Re: Message Expiration thorugh broker
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:01:56 GMT
Sorry for the late reply...

Actually I don't want to use TimeStampPlugin because it also set JMS
Client's timestamp on the message with a broker timestamp according to the
broker's clock. I don't want to disturb the time stamp which is set by the

So I thought that I can write my own plugin which only expires messages by
setting expiration time for each message using
"message.setExpiration(expiration);" if expiration time is not provided by
the producer.

So is this a right way to do this ? Are there any consequences of
this(something related to time stamp)