activemq-users mailing list archives

From danaR <rotar.daniel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Master/Slave failover behaviour
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:31:57 GMT
I have a question about the default behavior of ActiveMQ 5.8.0 in a
master/slave configuration (JDBC master/slave).

We have a simple test of sending/receiving persistent messages, with
acknowledgement mode AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE.

During the test we force a failover (we stop the current broker, so the
slave will become master).

The problem (at least for us it's a problem) is that when the client fails
over to the new master broker, it receives duplicate messages.
In the logs, we get this warning  "Ignoring ack received before dispatch;
result of failover with an outstanding ack. Acked messages will be replayed
if present on this broker."

So I'm guessing that this is the normal behavior and the client should be
the one that filters out the duplicates?

Can anyone confirm that this is the expected behavior?
And also, is there a configuration that could prevent this from happening?