activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tom_Z <tomatgooglec...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 Client for .Net/C# (Apache NMS, QPid) available?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 07:08:46 GMT
Hi,

thanks for all your replies.

Gordon Sim-2 wrote
> On 10/31/2013 10:30 AM, Timothy Bish wrote:
>> It looks like there's something here:
>> http://qpid.apache.org/components/qpid-wcf/index.html
>
> The WCF component only speak AMQP 0-10 I'm afraid. However the
> Qpid.Messaging .NET client can speak AMQP 1.0 (you need to specify the
> value of the 'protocol' connection option to be amqp1.0).

In addition I've learned from

http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/where-is-the-API-documents-for-net-client-td5840918.html#a5842572
and
http://qpid.apache.org/components/index.html#messaging-apis

that
- Qpid WCF client seems to be obsolete(?) and only speaks AMQP Version 0-10
- the C++ Broker speaks 1-0 and there's a .Net/C# wrapper for this to be
used (=.NET Binding for the C++ Messaging Client), this is the way to be
preferrred

Documentation for the latter can be found at:
- programming sample
http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02s03.html
- and in detail
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/programming/book/ch05.html

Can someone please confirm my findings?

Thanks,
Tom

PS: I'm not familiar with the .Net plattform to take take care of the ijra
issue and I only try to gather some hints to give advice to one of our
customers, sorry :-)