activemq-users mailing list archives

From Frazer Irving <Frazer.Irv...@mailonline.co.uk>
Subject VirtualTopic propagation question
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 15:01:29 GMT
Hi,

I have a potential problem with my activemq setup, and I would appreciate any feedback. My
setup is as follows:

I have 2 activeMQ nodes, running in clustered mode. On these nodes I have a VirtualTopic "article".
I subscribe to this topic using the following url using camel:

failover://(tcp://amq-node-1:61616,tcp://amq-node-2:61616)?jms.watchTopicAdvisories=false&randomize=false

Recently, to support another application, we have enabled stomp on amq-node-2. A client is
connecting to the aforementioned virtualTopic from NodeJs.

What we are seeing is that the queues associated with the VirtualTopic for the camel clients
(Consumer.ConsumerX.VirtualTopic.article) are appearing on amq-node-2, and the pending messages
for those queues keep going up.

Messages are being processed by both the Node and Camel consumers. The pending messages on
amq-node-1   show 0 pending.

Can you tell me what is happening here? I presume the addition of the consumer on node2 is
causing some form of replication to node2 that does not normally occur in our failover mode.
Is this harmful? I'm particularly interested in whether the actual messages are being replicated
to amq-node-2 or we are just seeing the increased number due to metadata being replicated.
And is there something we could do differently to avoid this?

Thanks

This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee only. It contains
information, which may be confidential and legally privileged and also protected by copyright.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not
copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it from your system.
Associated Newspapers Ltd. Registered Office: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry St, Kensington, London,
W8 5TT. Registered No 84121 England.