activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Web Console...
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:19:18 GMT
Sirona is in the incubator and from a quick peek seems to be a library for
adding monitoring/counters/metrics and then storing them:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/SironaProposal

but its also got a web app too.

I'm sure we could add a plugin for Sirona to hawtio; I've raised an issue
to track it:
https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/issues/701

As an aside, we've a plugin for querying ElasticSearch if the metrics are
stored there; and we've a plugin in Fuse for dumping metrics from MBeans
into ElasticSearch for historical charting and the like (in this module:
https://github.com/jboss-fuse/fuse/tree/master/insight/insight-metrics)

I guess using Sirona is another alternative to storing the metrics? It'd be
nice to have an ElasticSearch collector for Sirona, then the existing
ElasticSearch based plugin would just work ;)

>From an ActiveMQ perspective; adopting Sirona would require changes to the
existing ActiveMQ MBeans right? Or can Sirona just act as a different
collector/persistence engine of metrics?

--
James
-------