activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <>
Subject Re: A black hole queue?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 01:45:11 GMT
You could write a broker plugin that drops the message (ignores it).

Or you if on 5.9, could use the new broker: plugin to do that with Camel:

Or use the timestamp plugin help set a TTL that
auto-expires the message, and then ignore the
message in DLQ once it's expired with the discarding DLQ plugin:

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Nate Faerber <>wrote:

> Is it possible to configure a queue to simply drop incoming messages
> without serving to a consumer.  I have an app that is both producing and
> consuming on the queue but I need to disable the consuming without touching
> code in the app.
> thanks,
> --
> Nate Faerber