activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Gale <paul.n.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transport Connection EOFs
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:23:47 GMT
I believe that those exceptions occur when a client does not
disconnect from the broker gracefully.

Verify that your client is making the appropriate close call on the
connection. Do you have STOMP based clients that are frequently
connecting and disconnecting?

Thanks,
Paul

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Rahn Nicholas, Bedag
<Nicholas.Rahn@bedag.ch> wrote:
> Hi. Hoping that someone might have some insight into what we're seeing in our activemq.log
file.

> We're running ActiveMQ 5.8 and in the activemq.log file we see lots of messages like
this:

> 2013-10-11 09:03:57,212 | WARN  | Transport Connection to: tcp://10.251.128.28:42015
failed: java.io.EOFException | org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport |
ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///10.251.128.28:42015@61616

> The IP addresses are from our client applications, of which there are at least 30. The
messages come frequently, roughly 4-5 per minute. Often 2 from the same IP will come within
a couple milliseconds of each other.

> Our applications are running fine (sending and receiving) so I'm wondering if these messages
are actually important or if they could be ignored? Why are they logged at the WARN level?

> I've also been trying to track down the cause of these messages.  One reason I've found
is that if there is a connection open when the JVM exits, one of these log entries will be
written. But that does not explain the vast majority of them because our applications don't
exit that frequently.

> Can anyone tell me if these messages point to something that might be amiss with our
setup/config? We're using the openwire transport connector with the JDBC persistence adapter.
 I can provide the full config file if that would be helpful.