activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection over FleetBroadband (satellite)
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:30:47 GMT
the network connector wants to be always up, and when it is down you
can configure the retry strategy, delay, backoff multiplier etc. such
that it effectively polls.
To get it to die, you can configure the inactivitymonitor to be
asymmetric; have the one end (hub) disable (maxInactivityDuration=0)
and the other end use it. In this way, one end will abort the
connection after some period of inactivity b/c there will be no reply
to its keepAlive calls.

On the spoke(client) broker do something like:
  ?transport.readCheckTime=4000&amp;transport.initialDelayTime=30000&amp;transport.ignoreRemoteWireFormat=true

So the networkBridge will die after 4seconds of inactivity and
reconnect after 30seconds. You can tweak those values.
Maybe have a dedicated transport connector for this  satellite broker,
so the others can use the usual symmetric inactivity monitor.