activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I am getting the out the memory error while using the james mail with activemq
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 01:05:28 GMT
1. can you share a bit more details on how you are using activemq (or
intending to use activemq) with james? is your app downloading a bunch of
data and storing/caching-all-those-emails in memory? are you aware that
MDBs may be pooled via activemq and your MDBs may never reinitialize
memory, and you are just continuously storing new emails or same emails in
memory without dumping memory at entry or exit points of your consumer?

for example, in my app, i use @Schedule + javamail to check gmail account
INBOX folder, if any messages, I use activemq (and MDB) to insert the data
from email to database, send a success/failure email to office personnel,
and email(s) in inbox are moved to trash folder. inbox never has many
emails, because after emails are 'processed', then they are moved to trash
folder, so my app/server is never using much memory to download a bunch of
emails, etc...

2. if you removed activemq, would you app still experience out of memory
error?

3. any reason why you are using james 'beta'? maybe an older (more stable)
release is available and performs better?

4. is it required that you use older version of activemq instead of newer,
latest version, or more/most stable version of activemq?

i'm using activemq 5.8 (which is bundled with tomee), and i have no
(memory) issues, and I also use activemq to update google calendar via
google calendar API after enduser make certain changes in database via web
app.