activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transport Connection EOFs
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:09:01 GMT
Confirmed.. if you don't clean up your session and connection cleanly, the broker will warn
for you. Its usually indicative of a client that is mis-coded.  Look for exceptions being
thrown.. a lot of times folks don't have the finally { } block defined to clean up JMS objects.

Also.. check out using a MessageListener onMessage()..  more straight forward connection/session
management.

-Matt

On Oct 23, 2013, at 10:23 AM, Paul Gale <paul.n.gale@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe that those exceptions occur when a client does not
> disconnect from the broker gracefully.
>
> Verify that your client is making the appropriate close call on the
> connection. Do you have STOMP based clients that are frequently
> connecting and disconnecting?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Rahn Nicholas, Bedag
> <Nicholas.Rahn@bedag.ch> wrote:
>> Hi. Hoping that someone might have some insight into what we're seeing in our activemq.log
file.

>> We're running ActiveMQ 5.8 and in the activemq.log file we see lots of messages like
this:

>> 2013-10-11 09:03:57,212 | WARN  | Transport Connection to: tcp://10.251.128.28:42015
failed: java.io.EOFException | org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport |
ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///10.251.128.28:42015@61616

>> The IP addresses are from our client applications, of which there are at least 30.
The messages come frequently, roughly 4-5 per minute. Often 2 from the same IP will come within
a couple milliseconds of each other.

>> Our applications are running fine (sending and receiving) so I'm wondering if these
messages are actually important or if they could be ignored? Why are they logged at the WARN
level?

>> I've also been trying to track down the cause of these messages.  One reason I've
found is that if there is a connection open when the JVM exits, one of these log entries will
be written. But that does not explain the vast majority of them because our applications don't
exit that frequently.

>> Can anyone tell me if these messages point to something that might be amiss with
our setup/config? We're using the openwire transport connector with the JDBC persistence adapter.
 I can provide the full config file if that would be helpful.