activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Rahn Nicholas, Bedag" <Nicholas.R...@bedag.ch>
Subject Transport Connection EOFs
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 05:56:02 GMT
Hi. Hoping that someone might have some insight into what we're seeing in our activemq.log
file.

We're running ActiveMQ 5.8 and in the activemq.log file we see lots of messages like this:

2013-10-11 09:03:57,212 | WARN  | Transport Connection to: tcp://10.251.128.28:42015 failed:
java.io.EOFException | org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ
Transport: tcp:///10.251.128.28:42015@61616

The IP addresses are from our client applications, of which there are at least 30. The messages
come frequently, roughly 4-5 per minute. Often 2 from the same IP will come within a couple
milliseconds of each other.

Our applications are running fine (sending and receiving) so I'm wondering if these messages
are actually important or if they could be ignored? Why are they logged at the WARN level?

I've also been trying to track down the cause of these messages.  One reason I've found is
that if there is a connection open when the JVM exits, one of these log entries will be written.
But that does not explain the vast majority of them because our applications don't exit that
frequently.

Can anyone tell me if these messages point to something that might be amiss with our setup/config?
We're using the openwire transport connector with the JDBC persistence adapter.  I can provide
the full config file if that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Nick