activemq-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Tuning activemq for reliability, not performance
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 12:18:45 GMT
Hi all,

We have a system that does heavy message processing where we have very few (tens, hundreds)
of messages that take minutes to process each.

What we also have is periodic activemq v5.8.0 instability that causes the "java service wrapper"
to proactively send a "kill -9" signal to the activemq process. This reverts the queue state
right back to where the queue was started, and long since processed messages suddenly come
back, triggering a very expensive message re-processing exercise.

What we want to do is ensure that all memory caching in activemq is switched off completely,
and all changes are written through to disk at all times. We don't care about the performance
implications, reliability is our number one requirement. If activemq leaks, crashes, we want
the most recent state practical preserved.

Is this possible?

Regards,
Graham